Pageviews last month

Saturday, March 28, 2015


Sweet King, grant that some of Thy beautiful spirit may penetrate into the very marrow of my bones,-that my thoughts may become broad and noble,-my words pure and gentle
,-my actions, dignified and gracious,-my aspirations, Godward,-my will strong and determined.

Dear Counsellor of my soul, make known to me just what Thou wouldst have me do and say and think, so that each day I may become better,-each day less selfish,-each day more like to the Heart of my Friend, my Counsellor, and my King.

O my own sweet Lord; change me; work in me; take from me all that pains Thee,-all that is a disappointment to Thee,-all that keeps me from becoming the strong and noble woman that I long to be.

Take my heart, my King, my gracious Lord, and give me Thine that I, like Thee, may go about doing good and making others happy.  Work so freely in me divine Master, that Thy Presence in me may attract others to follow after Thee and may they find virtue the most engrossing interest in life, and the practice of goodness a source of joy and satisfaction.

Good-bye, my divine and cherished King, I am going out into the world now.  I wonder will anyone feel that I  come from Thee?  That I have been close, quite close to Sanctity?  that I have been speaking to the greatest and tenderest of Friends?  That I have been listening to the kindest and wisest of Counsellors?

No comments:

Post a Comment