Pageviews last month

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Divine Healer of My Soul

Divine Healer of my soul, dear Physician, tender Father, look upon my wounds, my scars, my seared and ulcered soul.

Lord Jesus, wilt Thou heal me?

I am troubled with many ills,-my miseries are great,-my weakness sad to look upon.

I wonder, dearest Lord, that I venture to come so close to Thee!  Even nearer would I draw, lower would I bend beside Thee, for, dearest Lord, it is only the touch of  Thy dear Hand that can soothe my open wounds,-only the sound of Thy dear Voice that can fill my soul with courage,-only the love of Thy dear Heart that can reassure and make my life abound in joy and peace and eager striving after good.

Tender Healer of my soul, Thou knowest how weak I am, Thou hast seen my many falls.  Thou knowest, too, that when with certain persons fear to acknowledge Thee, lest they think me prudish and unworldly.  Thou knowest well, dear Guardian of my soul, how often thy sweet and gently voice has called to me and I have paid to heed;  Thy kind face has chided me and I have turned away my eyes: pectant at the door of my heart, but I  have been busy with other quests and there was  no room for Thee, my Lord.

Lord Jesus,  I am weary of it all- weary of the struggle to keep in touch with Thee and yet not displease the world,-weary of striving to silence the longing of my heart for the stable things of life;-weary of the endless demands of the world and the emptiness of its promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment