Pageviews last month

Monday, March 16, 2015




Rabboni
 
While seated at the bountiful tables of the Rich, help me  to keep my heart lifted above the natural satisfaction of the moment.
 
While striving that my dress should be in keeping with my station, grant that it may never offend Thee in the slightest degree, dearest Lord, and that I may sacrifice anything that might wound modesty.
 
While mingling with the everyday chatter of the card table and the incessant rush to the theatre, help me never to let fall a word to mar charity nor the exquisite beauty of Purity.
 
As I go my rounds from one distraction to another, let me whisper, from time to  time, my Lord, a word of love to Thee, so that my life, dressed as it is in the garb of worldliness, may prove to be a life lived in the supernatural, full of power for good and strong in its purpose of sanctity.
 
Teach me, beloved Lord, to be good gracefully.  Let my striving after thee be so well-tempered that my efforts may not jar on others.
 
May my life be so pure and so upright that Thou wilt take up Thy abode within me, beautifying my actions, sweetening my words, ennobling my thoughts so that I may attract many souls to Thee,-so that I may help others, weary of the emptiness of worldly fame and shallow glory, to seek thee as their strength and comfort and, while burning incense at these tawdry shrines, to murmur unceasingly Thy name, divinest Lord, and to become daily more and more, Thy true disciples, Thy ardent admirers, Thy loyal slaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment