Pageviews last month

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Virgin Appears to St. Francis de Sales by Carlo Maratta
"I hear of nothing but perfection on every side, so far as talk goes, but I see mighty few people who really practice it..  For my part, the only perfection I know, is a hearty love of God and to love one's neighbor as oneself.  Without these there can be no real perfection.  Charity is the only 'bond of perfection' between Christians, the only virtue which rightly unites us to God and man.  Such union is our final aim and end, and all else is mere delusion.

**St. Francis de Sales**

1 comment:

  1. Love, love this great Saint: Patron of Catholic Authors!

    Without realzing their connection, I chose Saint Jane Frances de Chantal as my Confirmation Saint - so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete