Pageviews last month

Friday, May 27, 2011

 My years as a "Brownie" and then "flying up" to Girl Scouts were some of the most memorable & fun of my life.  It really saddens me when I read garbage like this.  What is left for girls if even the Girl Scouts are tainted?:

Two ex-Girl Scouts challenge organization's ties to Planned Parenthood

From LifeSiteNews:
Two teen girls who dedicated years to the Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) have gone public with their decision to leave the popular girls’ organization out of alarm over its ties to Planned Parenthood.

Tess Volanski, 14, and Sydney Volanski, 15, say they decided to leave their Girl Scout Troop after eight years, and they describe their process of disillusionment in their blog Speak Now: girl scouts.

“Leaving Girl Scouts was not a casual, easy, or convenient decision,” say the girls. “Girl Scouts was a huge part of our lives that included a bond with our best friends.”

The girls write on the blog that “the first eye-opening, and quite honestly, jaw-dropping, example” of GSUSA’s acceptance of Planned Parenthood’s (PP) ideology was the organization’s involvement in a United Nations workshop that distributed the PP sex education pamphlet “Happy, Healthy, and Hot.”


Click here to read more.

1 comment:

  1. I loved being in a troop where my best friend's mom was leader and my mom was co-leader. We all went everywhere together. Back then there was no hanky-panky, just good clean fun. When I got my oldest in a troop, after a couple of years, I had to yank her out because her leader, in the midst of a divorce, was stealing all the cookie money to survive! It just wasn't the same after that.

    ReplyDelete