Pageviews last month

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

XI.

"Well,"  say my Protestant friends, "if a man thinks he is right would not he be right?"  Let us suppose now a man in Ottawa, who wants to go to Chicago, but takes a car for New York.  The conductor asks for his ticket, and he at once says, "You are in the wrong car, your ticket is for Chicago, but you are going to New York."  "Well, what of that?"  says the passenger, "I mean well."  "Your meaning will not go well with you in the end,"  says the conductor, "for you will come out at New York instead of Chicago." 
You say you mean well, my dear friends, but your meaning will not take you to heaven.  You must do well also.  "He that doeth the will of My Father,"  says Jesus, "he alone shall be saved."  There are millions in hell who meant well.  
You must do well, and be sure you are doing well, to be saved.  I thank my separated brethren for their kindness in coming to these controversial lectures.  I hope I have said nothing to offend them.  Of course, it would be nonsense for me not to preach Catholic doctrines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment