Pageviews last month

Monday, March 6, 2017

II.

The Catholic has divine faith, and why?  Because the Catholic says, "I believe in such and such a thing."  Why?  "Because the Church teaches me so."  And why do you believe the Church?  "Because God has commanded me to believe the teaching of the Church.  And God has threatened me with damnation, if I do not believe the Church.  And we are taught by St. Peter, in his epistle, "No prophecy of Scripture is made by private interpretation [2 Peter 1:20] ... for the unlearned and unstable wrest ... Scriptures ... to their own descruction." [2 Peter 3:16
That is strong language, my dear people, but that is the language of St. Peter, the head of the Apostles.  The unlearned and unstable wrest the Bible to their own damnation!  And yet, the Bible is the book of God, the language of inspiration, when we have a true Bible, as we Catholics have, but you Protestants have not.  
But, my dearly beloved Protestant friends, do not be offended at me for saying that.  Your own most learned preachers and bishops tell you that.  Some have written whole volumes in order to prove that the English translation, which you have, is a very faulty and false translation.  
Now, therefore, I say that the true Bible is what the Catholics have, the Latin Vulgate.  And the most learned among the Protestants themselves have agreed that the Latin Vulgate Bible, which the Catholic Church always makes use of, is the best in existence.  And therefore, as you may have perceived, when I preach I give the text in Latin, because the Latin text of the Vulgate is the best extant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment