Pageviews last month

Saturday, April 16, 2011

ATTENTION THIRD ORDER MEMBERS:
TODAY IS THE SOLEMN COMMEMORATION OF OUR HOLY FATHER ST. FRANCIS. ALL THIRD ORDER MEMBERS CAN GAIN A PLENARY INDULGENCE BY RENEWING THEIR PROMISES.  IT CAN BE DONE PRIVATELY.  HERE IS THE PRAYER:

RENEWAL OF PROFESSION:

Besides making a public renewal of profession on or around April 16, the anniversary of the profession of St. Francis, tertiaries should frequently renew their profession privately, for instance, on First Fridays, the anniversary of their own profession, at a retreat, on the feast of All Saints of the Three Orders (November 29) etc…

Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, one God in three persons, * I present myself before you * to give you thanks for all the blessings and mercies * you have bestowed on me with so much bounty * since the moment I came  into the world.  *  I thank you in particular, O my God, * for having made me a member of the Third Order of your servant St. Francis. *

I confess that the yoke of the holy order is not heavy * that its obligations are not difficult * and that its blessings are many and great.*  I embrace anew the holy rule of our glorious father St. Francis. * I ratify my profession and renew it with all my heart * promising again in the presence of your Divine majesty, * in honor of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, * of blessed Father Francis, * and of all the saints, * to observe all the time of my life * the commandments of God and the rule of the Third Order, * as also to fulfill the penance imposed on me by my superiors * for any transgressions against the rule.
O my God, with the assistance of your grace, * I will, from this day forth, * be more exact in the fulfillment of my duties as a tertiary.  * Deign to bless this my resolution. * Kindle in my heart the fire of your love * that, glowing with the warmth of your charity, * I may be a true child of our seraphic father, * and never cease to serve and love you.  Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I am sick and forgot. I just said the prayer. Hope it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always okay to say the prayer anytime. It's just that a plenary indulgence is attached to certain days and the 16th of April is one of them.
    Hope you are feeling better Sister!

    ReplyDelete