Pageviews last month

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February is dedicated to the Passion


DEVOTION TO THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS

SISTER MARY OF ST. PETER
(from the Veil of Veronica)

In Tours, France during the 1840's a young Carmelite nun, Sister Marie de
Saint-Pierre (1816-1848), received a series of revelations from Our Lord
about a powerful devotion He wished to be established worldwide - the
devotion to his Holy Face. The express purpose of this devotion was to make
reparation for the blasphemies and outrages of 'Revolutionary men' (the
Communists), as well as for the blasphemies of atheists and freethinkers
and others, plus, for blasphemy and the profanation of Sundays by
Christians.

We read in her autobiography:
"Then he unfolded his Heart to me, concentrating therein the powers of my
soul, and addressed me thus: 'My Name is everywhere blasphemed, even little
children blaspheme it.' And he made me understand how that dreadful sin
pierced and wounded his Heart, more than all other crimes. By blasphemy,
the sinner outrages him to his Face, attacks him openly, and pronounces
upon himself his own judgment and condemnation. Blasphemy is a poisoned
arrow, wounding his Divine Heart continually; he told me that he would give
me a "golden arrow" with which to wound him delightfully and heal the
poisonous wounds caused by sin."

Our Lord then dictated to Sr. Mary the following prayer as a Golden Arrow
assuring her that every time she said it, she would wound his Heart most
lovingly.

This prayer is regarded as the very basis of the Work of Reparation.

THE GOLDEN ARROW PRAYER

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and
ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored, and
glorified in heaven, on earth and in hell, by all the creatures of God, and
by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of
the Altar. Amen.

Our Lord told Sr. Mary on March 16, 1844, "Oh if you only knew what great
merit you acquire by saying even once, 'Admirable is the Name of God,' in
the spirit of reparation for blasphemy."

Promises of Our Lord to Sr. Mary of St. Peter

- "By my Holy Face you shall work wonders." (October 27, 1845)
- "All those who honor My Holy Face in a spirit of reparation will by so
doing perform the office of the pious Veronica." (October 27, 1845)
- "According to your care you take in making Reparation to my Face,
disfigured by blasphemies, so will I take care of yours, which has been
disfigured by sin. I will reprint my image and render it as beautiful as it
was on leaving the baptismal font." (November 3, 1845)
- "Our Lord has promised me for all those who defend His cause in this Work
of Reparation, by words, by prayers, or in writing, that He will defend
them before His Father; at their death He will purify their souls by
effacing all the blots of sin and will restore to them their primitive
beauty." (March 12, 1846)
- "By my Holy Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners. Nothing
that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you. No one can
know how pleasing the sight of my Face is to my Father!" (November 22,
1846)
- "Our Lord has promised me that He will imprint His Divine likeness on the
souls of those who honor His Holy Countenance." (January 21, 1847)

No comments:

Post a Comment