Pageviews last month

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Resolve to pray when you have excellent excuses for not praying: when you are ill, exhausted, tempted, sad, traveling, enjoying yourself, or in a bad mood.  Resolve to pray when everything else about the spiritual life seems to go-- when you do not feel charitable or serene or devout.  Resolve to pray even if there is no time to pray--to pray at intervals whenever a moment appears between activities.  Safeguard your prayer by avoiding remote distraction as well as immediate distractions; which means you must get rid of whatever you think is a hindrance to your union with God.  Ask Him to help you keep this pledge.  Although your own strength may fail you, remember that union with God is what He wants of you, and therefore He will give you the grace to fulfill your pledge.

Holiness for Housewives, Dom Hubert Van Zeller


1 comment:

  1. Yes! I find when I choose to ignore fatigue or other reasons for NOT praying, that is when I need it the most and when very great blessings accompany it. To be sure, though, there are times, in illness or extreme fatigue or when a claim of Charity arises, then I have to give that to God as well and be content with that. But yes, to ask for the grace to pray well! When I think of it, I will say, dear Mother, help me pray well, my dear Guardian Angel, help me to pray, and just like that, I make the Sign of the Cross and everything just flows. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete